Following is a list of some de-addiction related books that we believe are.. worth reading! As usual, if you have read a great book that you feel should be listed here, do let us know. Send us an email.
List of Books by Dr. Anil Awachat
- गर्द (Gard): On Drug Addiction picture in Maharashtra. (Marathi) (Out of print right now)
- रोजचे प्रतिबिंब (Rojche pratibimba) (Marathi).
Daily reflection (English)
- बारा पायऱ्या व बारा रूढी (Baaraa paayaryaa va baaraa ruDhee) (Marathi)
- अल्कोहोलिक्स अॅनॉनिमस (Alcoholics Anonymous) (Marathi and English)
- Living sober (English)
- पूर्णिया (Poornea): Plight of poor people in the State of Bihar in India.
- वेध (Vedh): Column writing on various subjects.
- छेड़ (Chhed): Column writing on various subjects.
- हमीद (Hamid): Personality sketch of a Muslim Reformer.
- कोंडमारा (Kondmara): Cases of Dalit (untouchables) atrocities and their follow up.
- संभ्रम (Sambhram): The so called Gurus, who take disadvantages of people.
- माणसं (Manasa): Life of unprotected laborers like Beedi workers, Coolies, Nomadic Tribes, Slum Dwellers and draught affected people etc. (Translated in Hindi & English – THE PEOPLE)
- धागे आडवे उभे (Dhage Adave Ubhe): Life of Textile workers, Commercial Sex workers, Devdasis, Workers in Turmeric godowns etc.
- वाघ्या मुरली (Vaghya Murali): Against obscenity in society.
- धार्मिक (Dharmik): Against obscenity in society.
- मोर (Mor): Creative prose.
- स्वतःविषयी (Swatha Vishayi): On his own life experiences.
- अमेरिका (America): A travel Log, and comments on the culture.
- आप्त (Apt): Some individuals living with some values, in common walk of life.
- कार्यरत (Karyarat): Some individuals working on some Social, Health and Environmental Problems: role models for the youth. (Translated in English – BEYOND WORK)
- प्रश्न आणि प्रश्न (Prashna ani Prashna): Collection of long articles on Environmental problems in India.
- छंदांविषयी (Chandanvishayi): On his hobbies like Painting, Sculpting, Origami, Flute playing, Cooking etc.
- दिसले ते (Disale te): Creative prose about his experiences in life.
- जगण्यातील काही (Jaganyatil Kahi): Creative prose about his experiences in life.
- मस्त मस्त उतार (Mast Mast Utar): Poetry.
- सृष्टीत गोष्टीत (Shrushtit Goshtit): Short stories for Children.
- वनात जनात (Vanat Janat): Short stories for Children.
- मजेदार ओरिगामी (Majedar Origami): A book on Origami.
- पुण्याची अपूर्वाई (Punyachi Apoorvai): A profile of different Pune.
- मुक्तांगणची गोष्ट (Muktangan chi Gosht): A progressive journey of an Organization. (Translated in English -“Learning to live again”)
- ओरिगामीची गंमत (Origamichi Gammat)
- शिकविले ज्यांनी (Shikavile Jayanni)
- सरल तरल (Saral Taral)
- अक्षरांशी गप्पा (Aksharaanshi Gappa)
- हवेसे (Havese)
List of Books by Dr. Anand Nadkarni
- स्वभाव विभाव आणि विषादयोग (Swabhav Vibhav and Vishadyog): Published as audio books.
- मुक्तीपत्रे (Muktipatre): Book on recovery process from addictions; 5th edition. Kannada edition published in 2010.
- वैद्यकसत्ता (Vaidyaksatta): Won Maharashtra Sahitya Parishad Award, Now in its 5th edition.
- किंचित (Kinchit): Won Yashwantrav Chavan Memorial award of Sahitya Sanskruti Mandal.
- गद्धेपंचविशी मेमॉयर्स (Gaddhyepanchvishi Memoirs): Won Anant Kanekar award of Maharashtra State Govt. 3rd edition.
- आरोग्याचा अर्थ (Arogyacha Arth): Book on concept of Holistic Health; 5th edition.
- एका सायकिअॅट्रिस्टची डायरी (Eka Psychiatristchi Diary): Book on memoirs as a psychiatrist, 6th edition. Also published in Braille edition
- स्वभाव विभाव (Swabhav Vibhav): Published on 1st October 2000, book on Rational Emotive thinking; 10th edition.
- जिद्न्यासा (Jidnyasa): Editor of this training manual of adolescent sensitization program, 3rd edition.
- मनोविकास (Manovikas): Presenter of this book on Community Volunteer project run by IPH – 3rd edition.
- विषाद योग (Vishad Yog): Published on 4th October 2003, on the theme of stress management, comparative analysis of REBT & Bhagwatgeeta; now in its 8th edition. Received Maharashtra State Literature award, Barrister Nath Pai Memorial award, 2004-2005
- देवराईच्या सावलीत (Devraichya Savaleet): A unique blend of insights in film-appreciation, creative documentation and information about ‘schizophrenia’ – a major mental illness. In second edition.
- शहाण्यांचा सायकिअॅट्रिस्ट (Shahanyancha Psychiatrist): This is a story of an activist in the field of Mental health spanning over two decades. Published Mar 2010. Three editions in one year.
- मनोगती (Manogati): A blend of psychotherapy and Indian philosophy. Two editions within one year of publishing since March 2010.
- Nature and Signature: English adaption of his Best-seller Marathi book Swabhav Vibhav by Mr. Satish Bapat (Gautami Prakashan)
- Dialogue to Wellness: English adaption of his popularbook Muktipatre by Mr. Satish Bapat (Gautami Prakashan)
- योग (Yoga) (Marathi & English)
– Mr. Uday Pendse